This weekend James had to work and KC isn't big on "the lights", so Jerian and I took the kids to Temple Square to see the lights and shopping at the Gateway. We had a bLaSt!
Here are the kids @ Gateway, I just had bought Kobe this little vest and I thought he looked like a little hottie! He found this snowball and he was in HEAVEN! Maddi is trying to give him bunny ears, but you can't quite see them. What a bunch of silly kids:)
We went to DICK'S sporting goods, and Kobe saw the rock wall, he says I REALLY want to do that mom. I was like NO! (I was thinking it would cost a fortune) But We went down stairs and I was looking at it (cause I'm kinda a whimp (SP?) and don't like to say NO!) and I saw a price sheet it was 3 bucks! I was like so do you want to do it? He's like YEAH! So I went up front to pay, and if you signed up for some customer points card it was ONLY 2 bucks! I was like WHAT a DEAL! So here are Kobe and Triston climbing the wall. Kobe's arms gave up pretty early but Trist made it all the way to the top. GOOD JOB BOYS!
Here are Maddi and Shay posing while We watched the boys. Jerian braided their hair the same, so We were trying to get them to show it off.
We stayed at Little America, in the front lobby they had this HUGE gingerbread house. I thought it was so AWESOME! So I had the kids get a pic.
Here We all are at Temple Square. I didn't bring a hat, but had on a hoddie so I pulled that over my head cause it was snowing like crazy.


We ate at the Navoo Cafe inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building it was so delicious! I have to tell a cute little story about my little Maddi. As We were getting our food, the kids asked if they could pick a dessert and I said yes. So Maddi is over looking at the pies and says mom come here, so I went over and she says I really want to get some pie BUT look it says coffee I said no honey it says cafe:) cause this is called Navoo Cafe she says Oh! I said that's a good girl though. I thought it was so sweet that she notice and is always trying to make good choices and set us strait when We slip! I LOVE YOU SIS!
We meet up with Jon & Alisha Rowley and their family and walked with them around Temple Square. While We waited for them We took a few pics. and looked around.
I think both my kids had an eye opener this weekend. As We were sitting inside the Joseph Smith Building a homeless man walked in and sat down across from us. Maddi was so nervous she says mom (with tears in her eyes) MOM! that man keeps looking at us, and I think he is going to hurt us, like shoot us. I said no honey it's okay We are in a BIG city and there are a lot of different kinds of people, & We are at the Temple grounds and it's just like being in Heavenly Fathers house and He will protect us. She felt better after that, then later she said I think that man was homeless he only had socks on, he didn't even have any shoes. We later saw a few different people on the corners asking for money. I don't think my kids really knew that people really don't have homes or food to eat. I'm grateful that they got to experience this and I hope I explained the importance of giving and not judging so that they understood. A few weeks a go I took Maddi to Kent's to donate her old coat, I later told her that, that is where her coat went is to someone like that.
Even Santa was @ Temple Square:)
We left Friday after school, and the roads were a mess! We thought rather than fight the traffic We would just park @ the hotel and ride TRAX down town. Here We are enjoying the ride:)
The kids said that the BEST part was playing in the pool at the hotel. And Kobe HATES shopping and going to all the stores:( I said I hate a lot of things too, but We just have to buck up and do it! I'm glad that We have such good friends, that We like to call "OUR FAMILY" And We can always go and have a good time! THANKS GUYS:)
BUT I must say the worst part was our drive home, We dropped Jerian and her kids off in Ogden to meet up with her mom. And as We headed north the freeway was at a stand still, there had been a few accidents and it took us 2 HOURS to get from Ogden to Wal-mart in Brigham. WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!
Over all We had a good time, and can't wait for the BIG day!
4 comments:
HOw fun!!! YOu are always off doing fun things, I am jealous!!!Looks like you had a fun time though! Kobe looks so cute in his little vest, ande I can't believe how big those gingerbread houses were CUTE!!!And what a cutie Madi is, I love the stories about her she is such a good girl :)
What a fun weekend!! I agree you went with good company. Memories made and lessons learned what GOOD moms the two of you are! You and Jeri ann
Looks like you had a fun weekend! I laughed when I read the story about Kobe's knife little boys and their mischief. I love Mads purse. I need a new purse myself.
That looks like so much fun. Snowing and everything. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment