CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Fun

Last night Maddi had an Achievement Day activity at the nursing home. So I thought it would be fun for our whole family to go, and a good way to start our family night. Plus a good opportunity for us to go visit James' Gm. Hales who is in the nursing home. So when We got there We went and got Gm. and brought her up to the front room to watch/listen to them sign. A few of the girls played the piano, and one play the guitar, they did such a good job.
I used to work at the nursing home, and I love to see the excitement on the residents faces when kids are around. I started to get a few tears in my eyes as I visited with a few of they lady residents, that I know from my growing up years. I guess I'm kind of a boob:) I just think they are all so sweet, and I love the feeling that I have when I see them smile.
So after that We headed home to make our ginger bread house. The kids had both been dieing to get it going. We did one last year and it didn't turn out so hot! But I must say the kids did a good job and of course James and I both added our finishing touch:)


James getting things started

P and Puff hard at workthe finished product



5 comments:

j.evans photography said...

Cute house! I love it! I have been wanting to decorate a gingerbread house myself! After seeing yours I might need to go and buy a kit tonight! Looks like the kids had a fun time making it! What a fun mom to do all these activities with your kids for family home evening.

Hess Bunch said...

Your house turned out to be really cute! Thanks Maddie for helping make our achievement day activity a success. I'm sure that the residents absolutely loved listening to our beautiful music. I have to say, I get to work with some pretty amazing little girls.

The Christensens said...

what a cute house!!!!and thanks so much for the bread!!!!i am going to be fat now cause its my fave;)lol

twinsand2boys said...

cute house!

2tontansy said...

Cute house, but I think your kids are the cutest part of the whole picture. They have grown up so much since I'd seen them forever ago. Miss everyone at work. But not enough to come back. Take care

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI