CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

me and my babe

Today James & I went on a little date, up Logan Canyon snowmobiling. James loves the snow and w/ his work schedule it makes it hard for him to be able to go when his friends go. I was kinda feeling bad cause he had today off and no one to go with. So last night I offered to go with him, I knew it wouldn't be as fun for him as if he were w/ the "guys". But it would be doing what he lives for:) He kept saying all morning your going to dog me huh? I said NO! But inside I was thinking I would rather stay home and snug, and keep warm. I had the worst headache and I felt like I was going to throw-up. But then there was another voice in my head telling me to just go and make the best of it. So I did, I slept all the way up the canyon and by the time we unloaded my headache was gone and I was ready to go embrace the cold:) James fixed me up w/ some of his gear to help me keep warm, cause in the past when we've gone I've froze. I stayed warm and I had a good time, I love spending time w/ my man.
We headed off up toward the sinks and were going to ride over to Garden City. It was blowing and snowing so hard I couldn't even see, James was driving like a mad man. He says he wasn't even half throttle, but it seemed pretty fast to me. Then all of the sudden the next thing I knew we came to a holt hitting into a huge snow drift, and we were so stuck. We both hopped off and James got his shovel and stated digging the sled out. I said should I help? He's like no but you might as well make yourself a seat. I was thinking no way am I sitting down I will get cold and never be able to warm up. I kept on moving around trying to keep my blood flowing. James felt like he had dug enough to get out so he hopped back on and I stood back and as he took off the whole sled sunk, it was SUPER deep! I was thinking we were going to be stuck forever:( It was way bad! (He is laughing the whole time I am typing this, cause he didn't think it was bad at ALL) James starts digging again. I started crying and I said a few prays I was really worried, but I didn't want him to know, good thing I had on his full face helmet to help hide my tears. Besides the fact that I was about to pee my pants and I thought that was the last thing I should tell him:) Well he felt like he had it again and pulled on the skis to get hem going the right way and now the sled tipped over. I was freaking out! But I helped him, and we were able to get it back up and he kept digging. Then I said so now what? he says I'm going to drive it down there and turn around. I said well do you think we should say a prayer? He looked at me with these BIG eyes and says I know what I'm freakin doing! I was like OK! Inside I was thinking I hope the prayers I said earlier work, and they did! So then that brought us under a bridge so I thought what a perfect place for me to pee. So James kinda dug a little hole for me to squat in the snow. Let me just tell you I don't pee in the wilderness! But hey I was quite the trooper today, I peed TWICE in the snow. The first time was OK, but this time I about fell and pee went running down my leg:) The JOYS! Well we got that all taken care of, the sled turned around and we were off to enjoy the rest of our day.









It turned out to be a pretty fun day and a memorable one at that!

5 comments:

The Christensens said...

HOw fun, You make me laugh:)

Darcie said...

How fun, you are a good sport and a good wife. It looks super cold. I can't believe you could pee in the snow with all those layers.

Belew said...

Tootie you make me laugh!! I am glad that you had a fun day with your hubby. Way to be a trooper!!

All About Us said...

Oh my Gosh your so stinkin funny!! I am laughing so hard. I am glad that you made it out ok!!

JasonandBritt said...

Oh man, your story had me laughing! You are so funny. Sounds like you guys had a fun and memorable day!

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI