CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Village

Well let's just say the last few months have been crazy! I usually put our trees & all our Christmas decor up the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. Well I just barely got up our tree down stairs Sunday, or maybe I should say Maddi & Kobe got it up:) lol I got them started & they pretty much did it all by themselves, & it looks GREAT! James & I thought it would be fun to buy a real tree this year for up stairs..... well I guess it was a pretty good thought and that's about as far as it got! I told the kids we are just going to have the 1 tree this year, cause Christmas is almost here & I don't wanna bother putting up another tree for only a few weeks. I put up my nativity, and that's about all the Christmas we have out, no lights outside NOTHING!! Pretty sad huh? But it will get us by, I'm glad my kids are being good sports and I will do better next year!

Any how...... I have felt like the worst mother working all these long hours & so many days in a row, but there is not much I can do about it. So I just roll w/ it and am grateful for my in-laws & hubby who are so willing to help!

I guess I must be tired so sorry for the rambling.... Jerian & I usually take our kids & go stay in SLC & go to the lights. But do to work that is not gonna happen this year, and my kids & I usually go to the Ping-Pong Drop & see Santa, but Maddi & Kobe were both @ sleep overs so that didn't happen this year either. MY...MY....MY can you say SLACKER!! I feel terrible, but yesterday I had a doctors appointment in Ogden so James & I took the kids to Christmas Village & to see Santa..... OH THANK GOODNESS!! Now I don't feel so bad, they got to see a few lights & tell Santa what they want.

On a side note Kobe says Santa is NOT real!! Hmmm..... he better think again or Santa might not come:) James & I reassured him he is REAL! lol:)


Here's a few pictures of us enjoying a little family time.....while FREEZING our bums off!! It was only 5 YES I said 5 degrees outside. OMGOODNESS, it was cold!






Maddi took this picture of James & I, I guess I had my camera zoomed in a little to much and chopped off James' head:) lol And you can tell I'm froze, my dang nose is BRIGHT red!



So I guess I have broken just about every tradition this year, I hope things are different next year:)

2 comments:

Darcie said...

I THINK THINGS ARE SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW TOO. DONT FEEL BAD. ITS GOOD OUR KIDS CAN ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES AND THAT THEY ARE GOOD KIDS ALL AROUND.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THAT OGDEN VILLAGE, IT LOOKS FUN AND COLD, YOU WOULD THINK WE LIVE IN ANTARTICA.

Our Newman 6 said...

Don't be thinkin you are the only one with no lights and Christmas spirit. I wake up each morning with a plan and it all goes to _ _ _ _ in a hand basket... I guess it is our crazy time of life and we need to just be thankful for FAMILY and FRIENDS that help us through it...LOVE YA GIRLFRIEND keep your chin up I try and tell myself things could always be worse :) :)

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI