CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love One Another

Maddi and Kami (my niece) have been struggling w/ a few girls @ school. I have been talking w/ Maddi quite a bit about doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. So last night I gave a lesson on loving one another for FHE in hopes that I would be able to teach Maddi & Kobe that Jesus Christ has taught us how to forgive and love one another. And I know that it is not always easy to just walk away and that Satan is always working on us. But if we strive to be more like Christ that we will be blessed for doing so, and also that the best place to learn to love one another is in our very own home. This was a great lesson for me as well, because I know that there are alot of times that I am quick to judge and speak before I think. And I hope that I will be able to be a better example to my kids and those around me as I try to be more like Christ.


Then I thought it would be fun to frost a few cookies. After we were done we took them around to my visiting teaching ladies and then also to gp. & gm. Hales. And YES James is having the time of his life:) But for some reason he just hasn't got posing for the camera down, so his eyes are closed:) LOL But we love him anyway!!


11 comments:

Alison said...

Your cookies are sooo CUTE! I need to make some with my kids. You are a GOOD mom! My kids cannot stop talking about you all!

The Christensens said...

You are like mother of the year!!!! It makes me feel like a dud!!! LOL I need to work on my mothering skills, most days it feel like all I do is yell!!!

Our Newman 6 said...

What an absolute Great Lesson for all of us to learn.... Your the BESTEST EVER GIRLFRIEND Them cookies look yummy.....

Candice said...

Cute! You are such a fun mommy! Those cookies look delish! Will you be my VT? :)

Darcie said...

Man, you are a great mom! Your cookies look awesome and James is very funny.

Lea said...

mmmm cookies. I wish I had one. You should bring me one. PLZ

grandma Deb said...

Mandi you are awesome I love your idea of helping your kids through FHE that is a great way to talk about life. I can't wait to work with you.Keep up the good work of being such good parents. you go girl!!!! Luv ya G-Deb

2tontansy said...

They look good enough to eat. But I keep hitting my mouth on the screen. I need a yummy cookie recipe, would you be willing to share?

j.evans photography said...

I have been wanting to decorate some sugar cookies myself! I wish I had a couple cute kids like Mads and Kobe who wanted to join in on the fun!

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a great reminder for us and also our kids. Way to go Mandi
Love the cookies also we did some the other day too...

Hess Bunch said...

These cookies look so good!

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI