I think I had both my kids a little worried, mostly Kobe. As I have posted before I'm not Betty Crocker, I do however know how to cook.....but NOT like Grandma!!
We have made sugar cookies before but I have always used a box mix from the store, because before I had kids I made sugar cookies and they sucked!! Well we were given a cookie mix @ Christmas time and it has been in our cupboard and Kobe has asked several times if we could make cookies. So yesterday I thought I'd leave the mix in the cupboard and show my kids I really do know how to make cookies like Grandma:)
Well I was informed right from the start that I wasn't doing it like Grandma!! I used the wrong kind of shorting, I didn't mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, I didn't level the cups of flour right and most importantly I didn't roll or cut them out right either! WOW!! Sounds pretty terrible huh? But.....to my sweet angels surprise our cookies turned out just like Grandma's!!
However I will say that Grandma has way more patience than me. I was planning on rolling and cutting out the cookies by myself and then letting the kids frost them....BUT I forgot that's NOT how Grandma does it!! She lets them help mix, roll, cut and frost! With the help of these 2 little angles I did get it all right before we were done:)
We had a pretty fun night as a family, our kitchen was a MESS! We made cookies, bread sticks and pizza all at the same time. It was fun having every body help and I'm so grateful for my little helpers and I couldn't make a day without my big helper either:)


James and I both had to do our home & visiting teaching so the kids had to wait for us to get home to frost the cookies. So the above pictures are the 1st process and they both have on their cute little aprons Aunt Kenna made and gave them for Christmas. And the below pictures are of the final process after we got home so they had changed their clothes and no aprons. When we were all done we took some cookies to gp. & gm. so they could see if they were like Grandma's!! the kids were piling the cookies on the plate and I said that's enough they are only 2 people not 2 million and Kobe says we have to give them lots of cookies cause they do lots of stuff for us! So very true:) so they got a big stack and Grandpa said they tasted dry just like a sugar cookie and most importantly just like GRANDMAS!!


1 comment:
Those cookies look Yummy! I think I will go make some now...:-)
Post a Comment