CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

proud parenting moment

Today when the kids got home from school Maddi said she lost the key to the bike lock so they had to leave their bikes @ the school & walk home. So tonight on our way home from Jacki & Cade's we were telling James about it & asking Maddi when she had the key last & where she put it and all that good stuff. She said she had no idea where it was & was almost in tears:( Kobe says HEY sis did you say a prayer? Maddi kinda started to giggle & I said that's a good idea P (a.k.a Kobe) he says ya cause I lost a toy once & I did it & it really works! But then he says but sometimes it doesn't cause I used to have this lucky penny & I did it (meaning saying a prayer) and it didn't work, I didn't find my penny! So James says then I guess it must not of been lucky huh? lol:)

James & I looked @ each other w/ big smiles when he first said it, and I started to get tears, cause I was thinking it actually works! I know my prayers have been answered many times,not always like I may want them to be but he really does watch over us & knows what is best for us! But most of all I got teary eyed cause even though I don't think my kids ever listen to me, it seems like they must be learning something despite all my yelling! And if they don't learn anything else @ least they are learning they can always count on our Heavenly Father.

The bikes are still @ the school & I have looked all through Maddi's back pack & jacket & still NO key! Thank goodness we have an extra:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT post toots!! I love it & I too am so thankful for prayers :)

All About Us said...

that is so preciouse, don't you just love times like that!

Our Newman 6 said...

Sounds like you guys have had a crazy week with fair, new baby, and school.. Your kids are so stinking cute Kobe is right I think Heavenly Father blesses us even if they are just simple things.. The things these kids teach us now days. Tell Jackie CONGRATS that lil bundle of joy is DARLING

The Christensens said...

That is so sweet... I think you have awesome kids :)

Alison said...

OH,I have tears in my eyes. That is so sweet!!! I love when you realize that THEY GET IT. Cause I get overwhelmed at times thinking I am not teaching them as good as I should. Thanks for the post.

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI