CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Special Day....

Last Saturday Kobe was baptized, we are so proud of him and his choice on becoming a member
of the church. He is getting to be such a big boy!! He got to share this special day w/ HadLee she was baptized by Uncle Connor. It worked out PERFECT!! We are in the same Stake so it made it nice for family and especially nice for Kati & I to be able to have the dinner together.

Aunt Jacki helped us make this cute invite, she's pretty good w/ technology.... (unlike myself)

Thanks Aunt Jacks!





James, Kobe, Haddi and Connor


James, Gp. Kennard and Kobe


"cousin friends"





What a wonderful day!! Kobe really wanted his Gp. Kennard to baptize him but being the only boy and our last to get baptized we thought his daddy should baptize him, and then he had Gp. confirm him. He is so grown up and I love all his energy!! As I have posted many times he is pretty silly and comes up w/ some pretty crazy things.
So here is a little story I'd like to share about Kobe and baptism.... So if you know me you know that I like my boys to have short hair cuts. Well Kobe had grown his hair out a last summer and he loved it!! Well @ the first of the year I got sick of him fussing when I would squirt his hair down in the morning so I got his hair cut. He didn't "love" it, so I told him he could grow it til it was time for him to get baptized and then he'd need to get it cut so he'd look handsome like his daddy:)
Well about a month ago James was working and as the kids and I were coming home from church I told Kobe that it was almost time for a haircut. And he says mom I don't want a haircut NOT even when I get baptized and I said well you are going to get one!! He's like well Jesus didn't.... I was a little lost, so I'm like Jesus didn't what? He says... HELLO!! did you not go to church when you were young and learn and listen... I was like, what? I didn't really know where he was going w/ this, so I said yes I went to church. And he says well Jesus had long hair when he got baptized!! I was laughing so hard, I said your right he did! But that was in the olden days and now Jesus wants you to have a short haircut like a missionary so you look more respectful. I know that Jesus doesn't care if we have long or short hair but I thought that sounded good.... But as you can see I let Kobe decide, so long hair it was!!


2 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

What a special day. Cute pictures!!

Darcie said...

Congrates to Kobe! I love the invitations. I also like Kobe's long hair, but I know what you mean about the short hair.
I can't believe he is that old already, where does the time go?

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI