CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our first time...

planting a garden!

Last year I had bought all the seeds to plant a garden but we never got around to it. So this year our little sandbox was way over grown with weeds so James & I thought it would make a perfect garden spot. The kids got all the old toys out and threw them away & James tiled it up. We called Gp. Kennard down to see if he thought the soil looked like it would be to sandy. He thought it looked great, so we started planting. We didn't have a hoe so we called Gm. Lorise to see if she could bring one down. And just so you know when things got started we were informed by Kobe that....that's not how grandma does it! LOL:) The kids have helped gp. & gm. plant their garden every year so I guess they are pros and wanted our garden to be just like gp. & gm.'s.



My hot lil hubby:)

The kids and I opening up some seeds w/ gp. & gm. giving us a few pointers:)
Maddi & I labeled popsicle sticks so we would know what each row was. I'm kind of excited to see how or if it even grows. If all goes well I'll be posting pictures of our growing garden, cause I'll be so proud of us! We are kinda gettin a little domestic in our old age:)
*Just a little side note for myself:)
I guess I must be pretty lame I grew up in a pretty big family and my parents always planted a garden and we always had animals. But I guess I just never got involved, you'd think I was a real "city slicker". I don't seem to know much about anything. When the kids got their rabbits last summer I thought what a piece of cake! Buy a cage & keep them locked up, take them to the fair...no big deal! Well I never thought of taking them out & playing with them, feeding them, and worst of all what about their poop! But everything worked out well as far as the rabbits, Maddi is going to show hers @ the fair again this year. But Kobe's is for sale cause he wants to buy Star Wars action figures w/ the money he makes and he hates feeding them:( And now a garden?? I didn't know the first thing about planting a garden...but we got it done. I hope my kids pay a little more attention to life than I did, so when they are in their 30's and planting a garden they won't have to call James & I to see how to do it!
One more thing this post should of been before the last post, but I guess I got a little side tracked. We worked in our yard and planted the garden last Thursday:) Not that any of you care, but this is my lil journal.

1 comment:

Our Newman 6 said...

A Garden??? You are a country girl @ Heart :) Can't wait to see pics of the garden I have always wanted one but scott and I don't really have green thumbs we do good with ROCKS!! hahaha

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI