
A while back James had cut his finger @ work so he had brought home this bandage and on the wrapper it said "flex" so being the smart person I am I thought it would be perfect for Kobe's knee cause you have to bend it to walk so I thought it would "flex" as he walked. But I guess Kobe didn't think it did the job so he added a "few" pieces of tape:) LOL! It really wasn't that bad of a cut and probably really didn't need a bandage, but I had to give him a little TLC so he knew I cared. By the end of the night the bandage was long gone.
About a month ago Kobe asked me if I could pay him to do his jobs.... as in taking his laundry down, or unloading the dishwasher. I said well I don't think so! He says well my friends get paid to do their jobs, and I said well I buy your clothes, feed you, and take you to the movies and blah, blah, blah... I went on about all the things we buy & do for him and then I said that is your payment for living here. He is really fascinated w/ Star Wars and wanted me to pay him so he can buy all the Star Wars in the world, cause that would be AWESOME!! So after I explained to him why I wouldn't pay him to do his jobs, I told him he could ask Gp. Rick and Uncle Caleb if he could work for them and earn some money. So we did and they wanted us to pick up the trash @ all the parks. So I took him & Carson a few weeks ago to all the parks, it was an adventure... Carson walked around w/ his hands in his pockets, Kobe wanted to play on all the toys and I think I picked up most of the trash. I had to keep getting after them and by the time we got to the last park Kobe was tired and threw his self on the ground cause he was just to tired! I said son get up, I said I get tired @ my job too but I don't just lay down on the floor @ my work, by this time I was getting a little upset! But we got it all done and Kobe was ready for his MONEY!!! I think he must be his mother's son, cause he does kinda like the green stuff:) Any how then James & I had to explain that you don't just get paid right when the job is done you have to wait for PAYDAY!! Well the 15th was pay day and he could hardly wait. I text my mom James hours and then said that Carson & Kobe both had 2hrs thinking she would just add Kobe's hours to James' check & we'd give him what he earned. Well Monday after school my mom came down to give James his check and she had made Kobe out his very own check!! He was so EXCITED to get his 1st paycheck!
I took him to the bank so he could cash it and then James and I helped him fill out his 1st tithing slip. On Tuesday James took him to Wal-mart so he could spend his hard earned cash......BUT guess what he ended up buying some little bike instead of Star Wars toy:) What a silly boy!! I'm glad to see that there is more to life than Star Wars....

No comments:
Post a Comment