After James got home we all went grocery shopping and while we were @ the store Kobe says I know what we can do! I said what? He said we can make turkey's cause it's almost Thanksgiving and then he said do you know how? I said sure do! He said you just put your hand on a paper & trace it & you don't draw any legs mom! & I said oh ok and you use your fingers for the feathers. He says can we do it when we get home, I said sure! Well why we were making dinner Kobe went down & got some paper & traced his hand & then he says now all we need is some frosting & a candy corn for it's nose. I'm like frosting? He says yeah I saw it on TV @ Payton's. I said well I don't have any candy corns & I don't know if we have frosting. He says well you can make it!! I said your right I can but I'll just run to the store & get some & I don't know about candy corns cause it's not really the season for candy corns (me thinking candy corns are a Halloween treat) and then James says this might be a project to do for FHE on Monday. Kobe was pretty upset:( but then he goes on to say we have to cut out his hand that he traced & put it on cookie dough. I'm like WHAT? He says yeah mom it's a turkey cookie. So now I'm thinking ok this makes a lil more sense to frost a cookie rather than a piece of paper:) Then he wants to know if we have cookie cutters, and I said NOPE!! And then he & Maddi wanted to know if I knew how to make cookies like grandma, I said yeah I have the recipe some where and by this time it is 7 pm and I am think we are going to be up all night making damn sugar cookies!! OMH!
Of course I was smiling on the inside:) ha ha ha
James & Kobe have both been sick and I thought what ever I can do to make my lil man happy! He was pretty excited about his lil project so I ran to the store & got candy corns, frosting and a cookie mix. And James helped them get their hands traced & cut out and we made sugar cookies and it turned out to be a fun night here @ home:)



Kobe wanted to make blue frosting and he said it was gonna be blue just like his daddy's snowmobile:) So here is James enjoying his "Ski-Doo" blue frosted cookie!


So now I need to clarify a few things....... The reason I look so lovely is do to a lazy day here @ home, no make-up, no bra, and no contacts or hair do.... gotta love it!! And then the kids had both just bathed and put on their pj's and pj's @ our house are old t-shirts of dads, so that is why they look so nicely dressed. Then I do know how to make sugar cookies and frosting from scratch, I've made them once or twice and they never turn out. I used to have cookie cutters, but ya see I have the most wonderful in-laws, and Delorise always has my kids down to make really yummy sugar cookies for almost every holiday. So I figure why bother! So I got rid of my cookies cutters and that is why w/ the left over dough we are using a cup to make circles:) But it all turned out and everyone was HAPPY!!
Both my kids wanted me to make it just like grandma.......Well I informed them that their dad learned many years ago that I can cook & bake but it's not "just like grandma" but it serves the same purpose:) I think they are a lil spoiled @ grandma's and James says she still does everything "old fashion" meaning from scratch and I said Yep!! and I do everything "new fashion" right out of a box! :) :)
2 comments:
I love Kobe's imagination!! Looks like you've been busy...The kiddos were sure cute for Halloween!!
Ha Ha! I love your sugar cookie story! The cookies turned out really cute! You are such a fun mom!
Post a Comment