*WARNING THIS IS A VERY LONG POST! MOSTLY FOR MY OWN GOOD! SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE DON'T READ:>)
Well my poor hubby had a real bad day yesterday:( He & a few of his friends were riding up Providence Canyon. When the coolest friend of all (KC) LOL:) got stuck, so James & Dusty went to his rescue. Dusty rode up first & got off his sled then came the speed demon (James), James couldn't get stopped & tried to pull his sled over so he would miss Dusty's sled. BUT unfortunately it didn't work, and the above picks are the result of what happened!
So know I just have to add my 2 cents:)
All of us (meaning wives & kiddos) were @ home doing are things. We had planned to all go hot tubing after the men got home, so we were thinking they would get home in gOoD time. Well little to our surprise they were 5 hrs. late. To make a long story short I'll just give the main details..... Well it was about 2:00 & James had called me, they were up by a cell phone tower & he was checkin to see what I had decided on doing as far as the weekend went. SIDE NOTE: My lil bro. Connor was ridin in the College Regional Finals & all my family was going to Twin Falls, ID to stay the night & watch him. But it was kinda last minute & we had plans w/ our friends & I couldn't decide what to do. I love watching my bro. & being w/ my family, BUT I hate last min. plans. So James said he would do what ever I wanted. So on w/ the story he called & I said that we would just stay home & go w/ our friends. He said they'd be heading out pretty soon. So then it was 3:00 then 4 and still no word from them. Then it was 5 and Jody called & we were talkin about our plans for the night, & she says have you heard from the guys. I was like no & I'm kinda gettin worried. Jody said she wasn't home but when she got there she'd let me know if they were there. We both thought it was kinda weird that they weren't home yet since they knew we were going hot tubing and they always get home around 3 or 4ish. I got off the phone w/ Jody & then Jerian sent a text askin if I'd heard from our men, I said no & I'm sick. I was getting so worried, cause I had been full of anxiety all day & I was thinkin that the reason we didn't go to ID was cause something bad had happened. Everything & anything was going trough my mind I was literally so sick I felt like I was going to puke. Then Jerian said KC had sent a text & she'd forward it, it said: still on the mountain we had a little carnage. I was like WTH?? I had no idea what carnage was I'd never saw that word in my life. So then I forward it to Jody & in the mean time we (us wives) are calling texting, reassuring each other. If your a woman I'm sure you can relate:) Jody & Jerian both let me know that carnage was a wreck, I was thinking there were 5 men so that one would go call & give us the info. WRONG!! Then it was 6ish & I was way worked up by now, & Jody called Chris to tell him & so he loaded up to go look for them. So by this time I was sittin on the couch waiting thinking of all the worst possibilities & thinking someone was going to pull in my driveway with real BAD news. I couldn't take another minute so the kids & I loaded up & went over to Jerian's & on my way there I get a text that's right a text that says: we r on our way home. NO phone call to say what happened, or that they were okay. So I must say that really sent me over the edge! 5hrs. late, plans w/ the fam. & a TEXT. Oh ya I was on fire!!! So I call James & say why are you sending a text?? tell all of them to call their wives we are all worried sick! and I'm sure I said a few other choice words:) I get to Jerian's we talk it over & then I get to thinkin I better text Jody & see if they are still planning on coming over. She text back & says no Chris is up @ the parking lot & they aren't even there. I felt terrible no one had got a hold of her yet & I never thought to tell James Chris was on his way up. Talk about POOR communication! But as time went on everybody got notified & all were okay.
When James & KC pulled in I knew James would think I was pissed cause of the wreck. And sure enough he did:) I wasn't mad about the wreck, accidents happen. But what I was mad about was the poor communication. MEN & WOMAN have a totally different way of thinking. So I must say this was a good learning experience for us @ the Hales house. I'm grateful that the only thing that was hurt was my mans pride:) LOL I do want him to know I love him & I'm thankful he returned home safely.
A special THANKS to all our friends for their help! I hope my lil Bryce & his knee are okay:) And I must say Jody is one of a kind, she never gets upset & always stays calm & looks for the positive. All of which are the exact opposite of me. And to my lil Miss, for always being there when I need a friend! Chris thanks for going to check on them, you are awesome! We love all of you, & hope to have many more memories w/ you & your families:)



4 comments:
So glad to hear that all turned out well. :)
5 hours is a long time, I can see why you would be stressed. I am glad they got home safely.
Good thing everyone safe, but I completely agree with you! The communication differences between men and women are baffeling!!! :)
Whew! I just got caught up on your blog. It sounds like James is a lucky man. That wreck could have been so much worse. I am glad he is ok.
Post a Comment