CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Sweet Grandma

My grandma's ward has a book club and this month is her turn to host the book review. So my mom thought it would be nice for us to go and help her get her house ready. I am so thankful my mom asked me to go help her, at first I was thinking I have a million things to do of my own. But after the job was complete I thanked my mom for asking me, I loved how I felt inside and loved the opportunity I had to serve someone else. My grandma was so happy to have the help & had tears in her eyes as she thanked us, she said it felt so good to have such a clean house. She said I have wanted this done for along time, but just can't do it myself. I think it looked wonderful, and I too love how a clean house feels.

But for now I just want to brag about my grandma:) She is such a sweet lady, she is always very positive and looks for the good in every person & in EVERY situation. She truly is a wonderful example of service, she loves to give to others. She is a wonderful cook and candy maker, I'm sure you can tell cause we aren't the smallest family:) LOL She NEVER forgets a birthday or anniversary clear down to the youngest great grandchild. She always brings food or a treat to those who are ill. She has many wonderful talents! She does wonderful hand work and can help make any talk or speech sound top notch. She is just wonderful all the way around!





Here's a few pics of the cleaning crew in action:)





I love you Grandma and hope you have a fun day w/ your friends!

6 comments:

All About Us said...

That was so sweet!! I love the feeling when you've done something like that, and they are so appreciative. She seems like a sweat lady!!

Susan said...

Your grandma is the coolest! She deserves the service you gave her, so very nice of you. I, too, really love the feeling I get after helping my mom get some things done that she has been putting off or unable to do. You are awesome!

Dennison4Ever said...

That is so sweet! Grandparents are the greatest, I adore mine.

Darcie said...

Your grandma is so cute. I loved her chocolate marshmallow brownies. I always loved her pumpkin cookies at halloween and she always could do good talks at church.
I have always wondered how she did her hair, you just dont see hair like hers anymore.
How great that you went and helped her.

Hess Bunch said...

That is a way sweet post. Grandparents are awesome.

Our Newman 6 said...

Mandi you are one in a million...We Love you so much, your Grandma is a sweetie she has such a good family. It is amazing what examples our grandmas are to all of us. Now that you have cleaned grandmas and are so good at it you are welcome to come to our houses...lol seriously not kidding...hahaha
Love Debbie and Janiece

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI