CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

a lil family fun...

On March 5th the kids didn't have school so we took them out west to shoot guns.... Kobe got a b.b. gun for Christmas and he and James had shot it a few times in the back yard, but he was dying to shot something "real". Maddi is @ the age where she thinks she is too cool for her family, so she was not excited about going @ all! So I used this as an opportunity to teach or maybe I should say give my kids a speech about the importance of family. I told them that friends are great to have but your family will always be there and we should be excited about being w/ them:) and of course I said a bit more than that, but you get the idea:) lol I don't think my speech/teaching moment went over that great... Maddi was just down right pissed that she had to come w/ us, but by the end of the day I think she thought it wasn't to bad:)

We went out past the Golden Spike, I don't know if it was still too wet & cold but we didn't have much luck on finding any rabbits:( James had brought a few of his guns so we just gathered up a few cans and took turns shooting. I thought it was kinda fun, and not something you'd do every day... and lets just say by the end of the day Maddi didn't think we were too bad either:) She got to have her 1st driving lesson and she did VERY well:)

Here's a picture right as the kids got out of the truck and Maddi showing how HAPPY she was :) LOL


James giving them both a few pointers....


My lil man thinkin he was all that:)


My lil Mads...


James...


and of course myself....


Me and Kobe Man :)



Maddi driving for the 1st time:) James & I both were impressed w/ how well she did. The roads were really wet & muddy but she stayed right down the middle... and GUESS WHAT? Shaylee was still home when we got back and I drove her RIGHT over there:)






I'm kinda sad to think that my kids are getting so grown up, kinda makes me miss the good old days... Life just goes by way to fast and I love days like this and hope my kids will learn to love them too:)



No comments:

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI