CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Traditions...

Beings how we are on a new lil journey..... I figured we probably should start making some new traditions, since we aren't able to join our families back in Utah for every special event or holiday. So here's to the 1st new tradition. 

Cinnamon Rolls on Conference Weekend 

Mmmmmmm.....  GOOD!


This was my 1st time ever making them. The kids both helped, P and I made the dough and I rolled it out. Then he buttered them, added the cinnamon & sugar. We did some plain, some with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and then good ole raisins. Maddi helped place them on the pan and butter the tops and then she made some killer cream cheese frosting.

Over all I think they turned out pretty good for my 1st time... Nothing compared to Gm. Kent's but James said we did an outstanding job! I needed to spread them out a lil better cause they were a lil doughy.

Then we also thought it would be fun to have Papa Murphy's pizza, so we had that for dinner after the boys got home from the Priesthood session.

So these we'll be our new Conference traditions....

Other than that here is a lil about what we've been up to.

Mads soccer team is killin it! They have only lost 2 games and we thinking they are going to make it to the finals. She did super awesome this morning at her game. She improves every week! I'm so proud of her. She has also been practicing with a comp team and has her 1st game with them on the 24th. Then she has also be staying after school 4 days a week doing an awesome workout that her PE teacher teaches... I'm a lil jealous, her workouts sound intense. I told her maybe I should join her. LoL She still has some tough days, but I think things are coming around. :)

P and James went on a over nighter for scouts (Sept. 26 to 27) and they got soaked! It rained super hard the whole time, they did come home a lil earlier than planned Saturday. P thought it was great! He has found a new lil hobby Rubix Cubes he is totally obsessed! I took him to Walmart and he bought himself one and is totally hooked. We just ordered a 4x4 on Amazon, he can't wait for it to get here. (A 4x4 is just a different style of cube)

That's about all for now...

No comments:

MaNdI * KoBe * JaMeS * MaDdI