The kids started school Thursday August 7th. I'm always kind of sad to see summer break come to an end but I do like having more of a set schedule.
This year it was extremely hard to send them to school.... Maddi got a ride with a friend and I took P and after he got out I just cried my whole way to work. I prayed they would be able to find there way around and most of all be able to find and make friends. They both have had a few rough days but things are coming together.
P started 7th grade at White Cliffs Middle School. His school is about 6 years old and seems pretty nice. He also started football right after school on the 1st day. He practices every day after school til 5:30. So far it's going pretty good for him. He loves being here in AZ with his dad. And is loving passing the sacrament and being in young men's.
Maddi started 9th grade at Lee Williams High School. She has been lucky to all ready have made a few friends before school started. She is enrolled in the Cambridge program, which is a lil more challenging as far as school work goes. The program is designed to help kids prepare better for college. You have to apply and have good grades to be in the program. So far it's not bad, but some days we wonder if we are in a lil over our/her heads. Her school is only 3 years old and is super nice! So far we are way impressed with the school system here. Maddi also started city league soccer this last week, she is on a co-ed team. She seems to really be liking it and is doing very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment