**WARNING**
This is like a journal for me and what you are about to read is kind of personal, but it's my life and my blog so if you don't wanna read... That's fine!!
I just wanted to say that lately I have been feeling super blessed! We may not have the best of the best but I have been learning to LOVE the simple things of life. And after all these years I am slowly learning that those are the things that truly matter...
I sure love my little family and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a wife and a mother. I love that my kids are growing and learning... They are what make my life complete!!
After much thought and lots of prayers we decide to buy the little house we have been renting. I don't know if I have blogged this before but I have said it several times... I love this little house and it's so cute inside but I don't love that the kitchen is so small and I also think that the location just down right SUCKS!! But we do love our ward and it has been so good for us, especially me.
Any how on Wednesday we signed the papers and the lady @ the title company said something that I absolutely LOVE!!! I mean LOVE!!
James had to go potty... So the lady was just chatting with me while we were waiting for him. She asked me if this was the 1st home we had owned and I said no and blah, blah, blah then she asked if I was excited and I said I don't know... And she said YOU DON'T KNOW?? And I said well it's definitely not my 1st pick and the location SUCKS! But we are looking @ it as more as an investment, so it will be ok... Then we just chatted as we signed the paper work and after a bit....
She said that her dad had built her house years ago and she just has never wanted to leave it cause of the memory of her dad and then she said.... I think a lot of times it's not where or what we live in as to how we live inside!!!
I don't know why but I just can't get that out of my mind... Isn't it so true though?? We can look like we have all the riches, fancy cars, house and the best of everything but that doesn't mean that everything that goes on "inside" is the BEST!! And even though this little house isn't 100% what I want I can still make it cute and love my kids and family inside!! And that my friends is what truly matters!!
I have really struggled with what people think or what they hear or think they know about me and my little family... And I/we have also had some pretty big trails and at times it has brought me to an all time low and I would just sit and wonder why?? To this day I don't know why some of those things have happened but I am slowly learning that some of things happened to help James and I both know that it isn't about the money and we both have been humbled. And without those trials I wouldn't be at the job I'm at today, which is a job I LOVE and am so blessed to have!!
I guess I must be kind of getting old cause lately I just CRY!! I cry over everything... I like to blame it on getting older but I really think its cause I am finally understanding the purpose of life and over all I just feel BLESSED!!
I am a huge fan of Facebook classifieds and I have been on a hunt for a cute kitchen table that would fit in our little kitchen... Well yesterday I finally found it!! It was from a lady in Brigham so I took a little break from work and went to see if it was really what I wanted and was in good condition... Well when I got there it was PERFECT!! So I said to the lady that I hadn't brought any cash cause in the picture it looked like it had a big scratch and I wanted to see it 1st and I also drove my car so I wasn't sure how'd I'd get it home... She said the legs would come off and I could get it in my car. I was so HAPPY!! I said I'd help her get them off and she said she would just take the legs off if I wanted to go get the money. So I hurried and ran to the ATM and on my way back to get the table I just started bawling like I was a FREAK!! I was crying over a stupid table... I just felt so blessed that I just got the loan the day before for a stupid little house that I don't love and now I am crying over a damn table!! REALLY!!! OMH I think I am crazy!! And so do my kids.... LoL
But really I felt blessed!! I know that sounds dumb but I truly felt like I was blessed. It was a perfect table and didn't cost a lot and I had been searching. And I just got thinking about our little house and how it's not perfect but it has everything we need and it just made me realize I don't have to spend tons of money to have nice things!! or above all to be HAPPY!! I guess I might of been a little more impressed (with the table) than anything!! :)
Any how another reason I have been feeling blessed... Well I have been going to Crossfit and some how I have hurt my knees. It's really cause I suck and have bad form when I squat, but hey this chubby girl is doing her best!! Well my best wasn't good enough and now I can hardly sit and stand and it kills me to get down on my hands and knees... Well I have been putting on oils and going to the doctor and nothing is really helping, so the other day I had mentioned it to Kobe cause I wanted him to bend down for me and he asked why and I said cause my knees are killing me. Well he looked @ me and said well have you said your prayers? I said, said my prayers? and he said ya and patted his knees and said for help?? How sweet!! What a great kid I have and guess what??? He really is listening to me when I don't think he is or when I think he is just saying ok, ok mom!! He knows that when we have trials, pain or just need comfort we can ask our Heavenly Father for help... That totally made my day!!
Well my friends those are just a few things as to why I feel BLESSED!!
1 comment:
Wonderful and inspiring post Mandi! Thanks for sharing. Gosh it must be age for reals.. cause I'm the biggest boob too LOL!
Post a Comment